Are you looking for a genie who’ll gloriously prepare yummy grilled turkey, rack of ribs or any barbeque food of your choice to let you arrange and enjoy another large BBQ party? My grilla grills silverbac alpha review may help you make an informed decision.
Grilla Grills Silverbac Alpha Review For The Budget Customers
Who doesn’t love an outing BBQ party at the weekend where grilled foods are one of the best choices for every food lover. I can realize how important a well BBQ grill is to enjoy your BBQ party!
So I am coming here to show you my most favorite Grilla Grills Silverbac Alpha – the grilling genie, which’ll uplift your BBQ experience for sure.
Every product is independently reviewed and selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- High-quality construction materials
- Much large cooking capacity
- Digital temperature control panel with Digital Display
- 0% uneven baking possibility
- 20 pounds hopper capacity &
- 20 hours continuously cooking opportunity
For the last two years, I have arranged more than 15 hundred (I’m kidding, it’s only around fifteen) BBQ parties. And every time I used a single BBQ grill machine because one is enough if you pick up the right one.
My Silverbac Alpha by Grilla Grills is well designed and works flawlessly (as I’ve experienced). It has a digital temperature controlling system, auto ignition switch, waterproof, rust-free, large cooking and hopper space with so many other cool features that’ll make you fall in love with it. To know every ins and outs of this glorious grill machine, stick to this post or simply click on the above image to experience it today.
Overview of the Grilla Grills Silverbac Alpha
Who doesn’t want to get an excellent product at a reasonable price? Yes, this is a desirable wish for everyone to get a high-quality product at the wallet friendly price. By realizing this wish in the BBQ sectors, the Grilla Grill comes with a highly efficient grill.
In 2012 two friends started a business with an innovative grill. David Shidler and Mark Graham are the names of these two friends. From the two friends, Mark Graham works as an engineer to build Grilla grill.
They started their business in the USA, but they seemed the production cost was too high. If it continued, the price would be high and out of most people’s reach.
That’s why they have shifted it to China and keep the production cost low. After that, they can maintain a reasonable price for the grill. Thus, they can reach a board of BBQ lovers and get most of the positive reviews.
Even they produce specialized wood pellet grills, Kamado grills, and other BBQ-associated accessories.
What makes me surprised about this Multi Purpose Smoker By Grilla Grills
The Grilla grill Silverbac Alpha has such kinds of unique features, which make me surprised. For example
The heating technology of wood pellet
- It has an auto-ignition module. So you don’t need to control its heat after setting temperature.
- The wood pellet has a digital electric temperature control panel for easily monitoring and controlling the cooking process.
- The temperature rate of this grill is 180 degrees Fahrenheit to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. You can increase or decrease the temperature by 5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The company uses stainless steel to make its frame. So it is very durable and long-lasting.
- Inside the chamber, a fan is adjusted. So the fan helps to spread the heat evenly throughout every corner.
- If the temperature is going up 615° or going below 110°, it automatically initiates shutdown. Even it will show an error message to its digital monitoring display.
The cooking area of the Grilla grills
- It has 692 square inches of total cooking surface area.
- It has 26*19.5=507 square inches main cooking area.
- It has a 7*26.5=185 upper cooking area.
- The company uses ¼” stainless steel rods to make the grills grate.
- There is a removable top grate. So when you want to grill a full turkey with this grill. It allows you to remove the top grate to increase the inner space.
- There is also an insulated cooking chamber. It helps you to maintain a better internal temperature while cooking.
The high-quality construction materials
- You have found stainless steel lid components. That means it is durable and secures your investment against early damage.
- It has a thermal metal jack so you can use it efficiently.
- The grills are covered with powder coated and triple. As a result, you can use it for every season.
The dimensions (It’s Not As Big As a Hippopotamus)
- Height – 5.1 inches
- Width – 47 inches
- Depth- 22 inches
- Weight – 170 pounds
The rugged exterior design and The grilling power supplier
- It has 20 pounds of hopper capacity.
- You can move it quickly because of four pivot casters.
- There is a grease can to hold the food grease.
- There are two locking breaks.
- You need only a 120-volt electric connection with 50/60 Hz electricity.
What to look for before you buy
You must want to secure your investment and enjoy your later BBQ parties with a reliable bbq smoker. So you must know everything about a grill before buying it. And it is very natural. So here I have written almost everything that you should know and thanks to Grilla Grills! They have included all in the Silverbac Alpha that you need to consider while buying a grill machine.
The alpha smoke technology used in this grilling genie
- You can use this grill for your multipurpose cooking. In Grilla Grills, you can bake, sear, smoke, broil, grill, roast, and any other cooking form.
- There is a switch for changing the modes of smoke creation. The two smoke favors are Traditional smoke favors and Manual smoky flavor.
- You can also use a PID controller for precise and control temperature. The PID helps you to minimize the temperature fluctuation. You can set it at a point indefinitely to produce smoke.
- In the Grilla, there is a convenient fan. The air of the fan spreads the smoke and heat inside all parts of the grill. So there has no chance for uneven baking.
- The traditional mode of fan air creates Javier smoke in short bursts for the overall temperature variation. And in manual settings, you can use it for a continuous steady stream of smoke.
- When you want hot and fast, the incredible juicy result for your BBQ, you can use traditional mode. And when you want slow and low smoke hours on end, you can use manual mode.
Easy temperature settings
It is crucial to know for the beginners and the experts the different setting modes of a grill. This knowledge helps them to operate it accurately. By realizing this, the Grilla grill uses a simple and easy operating settings system. So you don’t need to worry about its operating process.
- The grill has 180°-500° Fahrenheit temperature. There are also 5° increment facilities. This is why you can control the temperature however you want.
- There is an automatic auger wood pellet temperature controlling system. So when you set a temperature, it is automatically adjusted with the inside heat.
- The company offers you preheat and produces enough smoke before placing the food inside the cooking chamber.
- By the digital temperature control panel, it shows you the meat temperature and grill temperature. So you can observe the full cooking process.
The cooking capacity
- This grill has too large cooking capacity to arrange large BBQ parties depending on it. How cool a feature is if you have a large family!
- It has a double-walled insulated cooking chamber which constrains heat resistance cooking grates with ¼” thick stainless steel rod.
- There are two cooking areas. One is a lower primary space containing 507 square inches. Another is secondary space which contains 185 square inches.
- If you need, you can remove the top grate to increase 10″ extra headroom for cooking.
- If you buy an extra optional rack, you get 692″-877″ space. It helps you to cook for a large gathering and save time.
The safety features of Grilla grill
- The grill is powered by standard 120v electricity to run. It has an auger and digital power control panel to show the inside heat.
- On a positive note, I can say the integrated safety features protect you from any kind of unconscious accident.
- Moreover, it has a high-temperature safety shutdown system. If the temperature goes up 615°f, it initiated an automatic shutdown and showed an error message.
- This process repeats if the temperature goes below 110°f.
- It protects you and your investment from permanent damage.
The hopper capacity
- The large hopper capacity ensures your non-stop BBQ cooking for an extended period.
- With this 20 pounds hopper capacity, you get the 20 hours continuously cooking opportunity depending on the outside temperature.
- When it comes to storing the grill, remove the hopper, and make it small in size. After that, store it in your garage. As simple as it is!
The assembly process of the amazing Grilla grills silverbac alpha
- Sometimes it seems to you that it is very easy to solve the Rubik cube than assemble a grill. But the Grilla provides you all the hardware that you need to assemble the grill. It also gives you an instruction manual for easy assembly.
- Even you get helpful videos on its website to know how to assemble the grill. Not only this, it has a separate YouTube channel to connect with you directly.
- After following all the information, it takes only 30-60 minutes to assemble the grill.
The auto-ignition system
This feature helps you to minimize the lightning of the fire, save your time and efforts. Through it, you can automatically control its inside temperature without pressing a button.
What I love in G G Silverbac Alpha
- You can use it in four seasons for your BBQ parties.
- Uses stainless steel, which means durable and long-lasting.
- The digital temperature control system
- Show meat and grill temperature in the monitor
- Extra Large cooking space
- Switch two modes, traditional and manual
- Conveniently adjusted fan for even heat
- 20 pounds hoppers capacity for continuous long cooking
- EZ glide wheels and lock system helps to move it.
- The grill cover is waterproof
- Easy to assemble and clean
- High and low-temperature safety shutdown system
What I don’t love
- No Wi-Fi connection system for controlling the temperature
- No removable ash system
- No tool hooks or attached shelves
If these features are of the top most importance to you or if you’re looking for a bit more wallet friendly grilling genie, then this one may make you smile –
Z Grill ZPG (The best alternative to Grilla Grills Alpha)
The Z grill ZPG is another popular grill for BBQ lovers. There are so many reasons behind its popularity. Some of the reasons are
- Ultimate 6 in 1 performer: you can BBQ, bake, roast, braise, smoke, and grill with this product.
- Temperature settings: it has a temperature limit of 180° f. to 450°f, with a 10° increment.
- Efficiency: continuous 20 hours cook in 20 pounds hopper.
- Durability: it is made from pure stainless steel. So very durable and secure.
- Easy to use: there is an electronic auto-start ignition and a digital auto temperature control system.
- 2020 upgrade: this year, the company upgrades the grill and gives an excellent looking polish.
- Color: you’ll get it in two colors.
Why do you choose Grilla Grills Silverbac Alpha?
There are different types of brands of BBQ grills in the market. So a question may come to your mind that – why do you choose Grilla grill. Here I give you the reasons for choosing this heavy duty grill machine.
- It works as most of the BBQ enthusiasts wish for.
- The grill installation or assembling process is as simple as boiling a pair of eggs.
- The company has a good impression among the users of the grill across the globe.
- You can control the inside heat of this grill by pressing some buttons.
- This grill has as much space inside the chamber that you can even bake a full turkey at a time.
- The stainless steel grill ensures its durability, which is worth its price.
- It would show a notification to its digital monitoring display of the temperature if it crossed the higher or lower limit.
Durability and construction materials
- The materials play a vital role in making something durable. If the product uses low-quality materials, then it must be fragile. So you can’t use it for a long time. By considering this, the Grilla uses the world’s best materials to build the Grilla grill.
- To build the frame, they use heavy-duty stainless steel. As the stainless steel is rust-free, so there is no chance to ruin it quickly.
- You have found the thermal metal jack, which ensures your year around safety.
- It is also Sean welded, powder-coated, which provides the grill weather protections.
- It is waterproof so that you can clean the grill after your BBQ parties with water.
So I can say that you can use it for a long time without any concern.
How to tame this genie
After purchasing the Silverbac Alpha, first, you have to assemble it to use. Because the company provides you all the parts separately, and you should assemble it correctly. But, don’t worry! It’s very easy to do. Just follow these simple steps –
- Step 1. Open the package and bring out all the parts
When you bring your Grilla grill from the market or receive your online delivery, remove the packaging. After that, bring out all the parts of it. You get a lower base, two side bases, one side spring-loaded two pieces of door, three handles, a smoke stand, a cooking grate, two racks, and a grease can holder. Slowly bring them and store them in a space so that you can quickly assemble the grill.
- Step 2. Assemble the cabinet of the grill
Now, it’s time to assemble the lower part of the grill. First, take the base part of the grill. Then, attach the two side bases of it. You can use your finger to tighten the screws of the grill. Take the top base and attach it to the front side of the grill. Take the two parts of the door one by one. There you will find one side spring loaded with them. Correctly set up the spring with the top base. Here is the finishing of assembling the cabinet of the Grilla grill.
- Step 3. Place the grill on the cabinet
The upper part of the grill is very heavyweight, so you must take someone else’s help to place it. Before placing it, lock the wheels of the cabinet. It helps to stand it in a place without moving. Tightly hold the grill and consciously set up it. Please, be careful while doing the job. Otherwise, you may have to get hurt, or the grill has the chance to get stretched. Both are unwanted to you.
- Step 4. Secure the grill
After placing the grill correctly, now you have to tighten all the screws and bolts of it. You will find four main screws there. For tightening the screws, you need a screwdriver and an Allen wrench. Check the alignment of the screws and make tight enough of those with the help of a screwdriver.
- Step 5. Attach all the handles to the exact place
Above I say that you get three separate handles in the Grilla grill box. Two handles are for two doors, and one handle is for the roof of the grill. Take the handles, place it, and attach them one by one with the grill. To secure the handles, first place the washer, then place the bolts, and after that, do tighten the screws.
Besides the grill, you find a place to attach the smoke stand. So take the smoke stand and attach it. You also find there is nothing on the top of the smoke stand. You should attach the smoke stand cap on the top of the smoke stand. It is a very easy process. You can do it by rounding your hand.
- Step 6. Install the components in the grill
It is the last part of assembling the Grilla Grill Silverbac Alpha. Install the heater reflector, grease span, main cooking rack, upper cooking rack, etc. one after another. At the last finishing, hang the grease holder with it.
To get a visualization of the full assembling process, you can watch this YouTube video:
How to use your Grilla Grills Smoker
To use anything effectively and efficiently, you must know its operating process. Here is a guideline to use the Grilla grill. There are five buttons, a wire plug, and an indicator on the board of the grill. With these buttons, you can operate it however you want. These four buttons are:
- PID button
- Up arrow button
- Down arrow button
- Mood switch button
Here is the main operating system:
- When you plug the electric wire with the grill, you will see a red indicator is lightening. So you can understand that it gets the connection. Press the switch button, the indicator turns into green.
- When it gets the connection, you can see 75° by default temperature is set up.
- If you press the mood button, you can jump up to 250° temperature.
- And by pressing the up arrow and down arrow button, you can increase and decrease 5° temperature. It is called the 5° temperature increment.
- When you press the PID button, you can control the overall condition of the grill.
- If you press the up arrow and mood button at a time, you can jump the temperature. And then, you can increase or decrease the temperature by 1° Fahrenheit.
Note: The grill takes 15 minutes to build a fire when you connect it with electricity.
Care & Maintenance
How much you take care of a product, it gives you that much service. Yeah, it is true. So you should take care of your grill to look it as new and provide you with a better BBQ experience.
If you collect some necessary things before starting the BBQ party, these’ll make your cleaning process easy, effortless, and less time-consuming.
Before start cooking, you need some things to protect the grill from getting too dirty. Such as
- Aluminum foil paper.
- A superb effective vacuum cleaner
- A putty knife or medium stiffness wire brush:
- A soft dishwasher scrubber
- Some non-chemical dishwashing detergent
- Some dry and soft clothes
Here I have mentioned five of the steps to take care of and maintain your outdoor grill
- Wrap it with aluminum foil: before starting using this grill, wrap its heat deflector and grease plate. If possible, wrap it in two layers. So this aluminum foil protects it from getting too dirty while cooking.
- Remove all the separate parts before cleaning: here are some individual parts in the grill. Remove them one by one. It helps you to clean it easily and comfortably.
- Use vacuum cleaner: To Collect all the extra parts of the food remaining in the grill, use the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner hose pipe. It makes your cleaning process short.
- Use medium stiffness wire brush: this kind of wire brush is very helpful to clean a grill. It does not scratch on the grill.
- Use non-chemical dish washing detergent: in the last part of clean, use non-chemical dish washing detergent. After that, dry it and store it in a safe place.
Note: Do all things after getting the grill cool and don’t forget to remove the fire ash.
- Why do you need to clean your grill machine?
If you clean your grill correctly, you can get incredible performance from your grill for a long time because of the dirtier your grill, the lower flavor, and the lower quality of the food you get.
But, who wants the lower quality and flavor of their BBQ foods? I hope you don’t like it. So you must clean your grill. You must clean your grill after every single use of it.
- How often do you clean?
Yes, it is a big question for BBQ lovers. Since all the time, you don’t get time to clean the grill. Even all the seasons are not perfect for BBQ parties. So most often, the grill is stored in a specific place. In the meantime, the dust is falling on it. They make the Grilla grill dirty.
Please clean the grill every month. If it is not possible for you because of your busy schedule, clean it at least every two months.
- How much time do you need to clean properly ?
It depends on many things. Mostly, of your experience and have all the necessary equipment besides your hand it takes only one hour.
The more time you spend, the better clean your grill. And the cleaner your grill, the best taste it gives you on your food.
Some essential accessories of this Smoker
- Grill cover for Silverbac wood pellet grill: This is a cloth type cover. You can use it for covering your grill while storing it in your garage. It helps to protect the grill from getting unnecessarily dirty because of dust.
- Silverbac Front Shelf: Do you like to get a little extra room when grilling on your Silverbac? The Grilla grill knows the feeling. That’s why they designed the streamlined Silverbac front shelf. It is made for all-weather with 304 stainless steel. The Silverbac Front Shelf provides an additional workspace for prepping and plating your food. You can easily adjust it and fold out when you don’t need it.
- Grilla Grills all-terrain wheel chocks: The wheels are heavy-duty rubber stoppers custom made to fit the 7-inch rubber wheels of your All-Terrain Silverbac or Kamado Kart. Take a pair of chocks, stick them to your wheels. When you stick it, then know that your grill isn’t moving anywhere during your cooking. Even if you have a small slope to cook.
- Rack Extension: Grill for the entire jungle with a Grilla Grills rack extension for the Silverbac. Take your grilling space from 692 square inches to 877 square inches. Easy to install, 1/4 inch Stainless rack allows for even more valuable cooking space for all of your BBQ grill endeavors!
- Pizza stone for the grill: This stone is useful for making your mouth watering pizza. It is white in color and round in shape.
- Grease buckets for the grill: The grease bucket holds the grease falling from the food while cooking. So the oil can’t go underneath the grill and make it dirty. It is merely a bucket, nothing special. But its usage is essential for your grill.
- Grilla Grills Sauce & Rub Caddy: The perfect size for all of your condiments or other on-site grilling necessities. It fits on both the Silverbac and the Grilla. The Silverbac hooks directly on the hopper itself and can be placed on the grill’s front or side. The Grilla has built-in hooks under the side tables where the caddy hangs below.
- Silverbac Pro Cart: You love your Silverbac. Now with the addition of the Pro Cart to the Grilla Grills lineup, your Silverback can become a portable pellet smoker grill. The new mobile Pro Cart makes moving your Silverbac easy. So you can take it to the BBQ pie, a site at a BBQ cooking competition, or take it to the big game as your tailgating pellet grill. The Pro Cart takes portable grilling to a new level with sturdy wheels and a heavy-duty powder-coated steel frame.
- The Silverbac Accessory Pack: It is one of the most popular accessories. It’s meant to help keep the front of your grill clean. Included are three components: one lid deflector, one front edge grease catch, and two “rack jacks”. All parts are made of 304 Stainless steel.
My experience of using this grill for the last couples of years
Once in a mid winter, I arranged a BBQ party in the backyard of my house. The party was about 20 people. I made a menu of different dishes for this in house BBQ party. I kept turkey, chicken, salmon fish on the menu.
Since I love food, I like to do all the things myself. I used the Grilla Grill Silverbac Alpha model to prepare the dishes. It took 40 minutes to get ready. I operated all the baking process by myself and, side by side, continued gossiping with my friends.
I didn’t face any problem as there is a temperature controlling panel to control the heat. I like the smoky flavor of my BBQ dishes. So I used a smoky manual system by pressing the button.
Even there has a convenient fan to spread the heat evenly throughout the whole corner of the grill.
What’s more, can I expect?
When I finished cooking, all of us enjoyed the juicy turkey, chicken, and salmon.
After finishing the party, I cleaned the grill within less than half an hour because there is a grease pot to hold the food grease. So it didn’t get too dirty. I just used a melt detergent to clean the grill. And called the ending of the party.
Some frequently asked questions (FAQs) answer: That helps you to make your decision
When you are in a dilemma to make any decisions, some basic questions can help you overcome it. So I give four FAQs answers to help you make your decision.
- Is the Grilla grill good for smoking?
In a word, yes. It is excellent for smoking. The Grilla grill has a controlling heat system. So you can control its heat and make enough smoke inside the grill to get a smoky flavor.
- What can I cook with this grill?
You can cook a variety of dishes by this Grilla grill. Some mentionable dishes are turkey, a rack of ribs, wings, salmon, etc. You can bake, roast, smoke, broil, BBQ through this grill.
- From where can I purchase the Grilla grill?
To save your money and time, I have cut the middle man from the market. In the above, you get a link to online purchasing. If you click the link, you can order your desired Grilla grill. As simple as it is!
- From where can I get a replacement part for my Grilla grill?
Suppose you need to replace any part of your grills because of any damage. You can find these parts from where you buy the grill.
Before placing an order for the parts, you must mention your name, phone number, address, grill model number, parts identification number. You get the parts identification number from the “Parts Diagram” page in your manual.
The delicious food plays a vital role in enjoying a large gathering and feels happy for your guest. Nevertheless, you can be an apple of your guest’s eyes and get praise by offering a variety of dishes.
This grilla grills silverbac alpha review is just my feeling about it. Its impressive specifications, versatile features, durability, massive cooking and hopper capacity, temperature controlling panel are enough to choose it. So, It seems to me that you can go for it. Best Wishes!