Tarzan used his knife for hunting animals, and my daughter uses it for cutting her birthday cakes. But, if you’re looking for the best knife for cutting raw meat, you should follow neither Tarzan nor my daughter.
A reliable meat cutting knife should have the sharpness of chopping, mincing, and slicing. The suitable handle and smoothness of cutting make your knife easier to operate. Here are our top five collections, any of which will help you cut your meat.
Every product is independently reviewed and selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
5 Best Knife For Cutting Raw Meat
Did you ever notice that vegetables, fruits, or meats are cut one by one using the same knife in many kitchens? But after cutting vegetables, is the knife always washed before cutting meat? So, what next? Let’s see the knives first
Quick Decision-Making Chart
|Comparison||Cleaver Chef’s Knife||High Carbon Chef’s Knife||Versatile Boning Knife|
|Blade Material||High Carbon German Steel||ThyssenKrupp Steel (German Steel)||Stainless Steel|
|Blade Length & Color||7 Inches, Fiery Cleaver||6 Inches, Black||6 Inches, Black|
|Best for||Cutting, Slicing, Chopping Raw meat & Vegetables||Heavy-duty cuts & Ultra-thin slicing||Deboning, Thin & Delicate cuts|
|The Hallmarks||Ergonomic Design, Quality Materials & Craftsmanship||Durability, Comfort Design, Ultra Sharpness||Versatility, Ergonomic Design, Ultra Sharpness|
|Special Feature||Beautiful and Practical||Outstanding Craftsmanship||Crafted in Switzerland|
|Price||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
TUO Professional Cleaver Chef’s Knife for Cutting Raw Meat
It’s tough to find a knife that’ll both do the job and increase your kitchen’s appearance. TUO comes stuffed with features you can’t overlook when choosing the best knife for cutting raw meat.
First things first, let’s talk about the blade. The blade is perfectly made using high-quality carbon stainless steel. You can chop, mince and smash using the same knife. So, no more separate knives for every chore.
- Stable while use
- Perfectly designed for comfortable maneuverability
- Beautiful appearance to enhance your kitchen’s beauty
- Ergonomic pakkawood handle avoids warping and splitting
- Multipurpose blade for cutting, chopping, mincing and smashing
|Product Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Blade Material||High Carbon Stainless Steel|
|Blade Length||7 Inch|
The next thing I must talk about is the handle. Using natural wood for a knife handle is so out of order these days. You can’t let water get to the wood, or it’ll be ruined. On the contrary, TUO features pakkawood, which is a waterproof option that eliminates warping and splitting.
- Perfect for regularly using in the kitchen without damage
- Easy to clean and doesn’t require any specific maintenance
- It comes within an affordable price range that suits everyone’s budget
- Multipurpose blade to cut, chop, smash, and mince vegetable and meat
- A curved blade increases the knife’s efficiency and makes your job easier
- Waterproof and ergonomic handle allows you a comfortable usage experience
- The blade tip is flexible, so the knife isn’t trustworthy for long runs
- The knife can be heavy for some users to maneuver with ease
NSF Certified DALSTRONG High Carbon German Steel 6 Inch Chef’s Knife
When you want the best technology in knife for cutting raw meat, look no further than the Dalstrong chef knife. There can’t be a better option than this stunning chef knife for ensuring perfect pre-boning, skinning, and preparing raw meat.
The blade is super sharp that allows you to perform your cuts smoothly without experiencing any accidents. It’s a must-have knife for your kitchen if you consider yourself a cooking enthusiast. The 8-inch long blade is stain-resistant and perfectly tempered.
- Minimal slice resistance
- Hand polished and laminated sanitary finish
- High carbon German steel perfectly tempered blade
- Comfortable triple-riveted handle made with Garolite
- Easy-grip on the handle for effortless maneuverability
|Product Dimensions||6 x 0.08 x 2.2 inches|
|Item Weight||9.2 ounces|
|Blade Material||HC German Steel|
|Size||6″ Chef Knife|
|Color||Black G10 Handle|
Another thing you can’t miss about the blade is its material. Premium-grade high carbon steel makes sure that you get maximum efficiency with the knife. The next feature is the ergonomic handle of the knife that keeps your effort to the minimum.
- Soft edges allow narrow cuttings with perfection
- Triple-riveted comfortable handle made of Garolite
- Tall blade height that allows you a better knuckle clearance
- Perfect for using in all busy kitchen with superior efficiency
- Super sharp stain-resistant blade with minimal slice resistance.
- Highly flexible, razor-sharp, and comes with an improved hardness
- Requires sharpening from time to time
- Comparatively low cutting edge than other knives
Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife by Mac
Another excellent choice for cutting raw meat is the Professional Chef Knife from Mac Knife. It features a 2.5mm blade to cut swiftly through the meat. There are both upsides and downsides to this knife, but mostly it’s worth having in the kitchen, especially for raw meat.
If you put some light on the upsides first, the knife comes with dimples on its blade. It’s a unique feature that you’ll barely see on other knives. These dimples are on the blade because they can make it easy for the blade to cut through slick foods.
- 2.5mm thin blade
- Multipurpose knife
- Perfect 8” length blade
- Features dimples on the blade
- Suitable for both personal and professional use
|Product Dimensions||8 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Item Weight||0.16 ounces|
|Blade Material||Alloy Steel|
The handle is also very satisfactory and made out of pakkawood. You can consider this knife for both personal and professional use. There is one downside of this knife, though. It isn’t dishwasher safe, so you will have to wash it manually.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Perfect for cutting almost all types of food
- Pakkawood handle provides a relaxed grip on your hand
- 8 inches long blade suitable for both personal and professional use
- You can use the knife for cutting, dicing, and mincing with perfection
- The dimples can easily cut through sticky food without any difficulties
- You can’t use your dishwasher to clean the knife. You’ll have to hand wash it.
Zelite Infinity Super Comfortable High Carbon Stainless Steel Carving Knife
Undoubtedly, Zelite is one of the best knife for cutting raw meat. It’s stunning to look at, razor-sharp in nature and comes with all the features you crave in a carving knife.
First of all, it does everything you want from a knife. It can cut almost all kinds of meat, which you want, from a meat cutting knife. Secondly, the blade is corrosion, rust, and stain-resistant, so you won’t have to worry about ruining your knife blade anytime soon.
The handle also deserves some attention because it’s a lot different from what you usually find in knives. It’s round and ergonomic in shape to provide you utmost comfort when using the knife.
Top 5 Features
- Requires low maintenance
- High carbon stainless steel blade
- Corrosion, rust, and stain resistant
- Ergonomic and comfortable round handle
- A beautiful appearance increases your cooking motivation
|Product Dimensions||17.32 x 1.57 x 0.75 inches|
|Item Weight||1.5 pounds|
|Size||12″ Carving Knife|
|Blade Material||Stainless Steel|
|Blade Edge||Hollow, Plain|
The handle also deserves some attention because it’s a lot different from what you usually find in knives. It’s round and ergonomic in shape to provide you utmost comfort when using the knife.
The core feature is its blade, which is hard, made from high-quality material, and helps you get maximum edge retention. In addition, it requires little to no maintenance to survive in the long run.
- You can cut various meat, including poultry, steak, turkey, beef, ham, roast, etc., with this knife
- Perfectly shaped blade and handle helps you get ultimate comfort while slicing food
- Razor-sharp blade cuts through every food and allows you to use it for both personal and professional purposes.
- The perfect finish allows you to experience precise slicing every time with this knife.
- You can easily store it away in the package it comes if you don’t want to use it regularly
- People who are used to usual knife blades may need some time to adjust as the blade is comparatively different
- The handle size may not be comfortable for some users.
Victorinox Swiss Army Versatile Boning Knife
Better you follow Victorinox. Because from my experience, they are the masters in manufacturing knives. You’ll also confess their mastery when you’ll get this Semi-Stiff knife in your hand.
Unique Design: Pro curved design, special for deboning of all kinds of meat. It also contains a semi-stiff blade. User-friendly size that is 6 inch in length.
Chef Choice: For deboning all kinds of meat, many professional chefs’ first choice is this boning knife.
This knife can cut the meat without any resistance, so that separating meat from bone becomes a very simple and swift process at any restaurant and your home too.
Non-slip Handle: It contains a non-slip and very ergonomic handle, so you can comfortably use the knife. Also, have a very sharp curved and narrow blade (15 cm long).
Straight Edge: Cut the meat in a straight way cause this knife has a very straight edge with it which you must need to cut raw meat.
Alternative to Fillets Knife: This knife may help you cut any fish or meat fillets in case of a fillet knife’s unavailability.
Lifetime Guarantee: It’s not easy to provide a lifetime guarantee for any product. But, Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee for this knife just without any defects in materials and using correctly.
So, what are you waiting for?
Why Should You Use a Particular Knife for Cutting Raw Meat
According to a study by a team of researchers at the University of Georgia – Bacteria circulate in the products used in human homes.
Humans are not very aware of the bacteria being expelled from food products and other materials. Therefore, food-related diseases are more common in humans.
Head researcher Marilyn Erickson said all the vegetables, foods, and meat that are widely used in daily cooking had been tested in the laboratory. There are germs like salmonella and E. coli in these vegetables and meat.
When cutting all vegetables and meat using the same knife, one germ spread to another. Therefore, it is essential to wash the knife before cutting vegetables or meat.
Researchers have experimented with cutting their own vegetables and meat. After cutting a few types of vegetables using a knife, one bacterium is spread to another.
Using a different type of knife or delegate type of knife for the specific cutting process can protect you from this type of problem and happening to you.
So, Putting these issues ahead, knife manufacturing brands brought particular knife for meat into the market.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Knife for Cutting Raw Meat
Are you a newbie? Are you a new user of all kitchen utensils? Do you have any idea about manual meat grinder or the deboning process of meat using a knife?
So, If you are not aware of deboning meat at your home, you are missing something crazy.
Anyway, before buying a knife, you have to select a knife that contains all the necessary features which altogether help you cut any raw meat smoothly.
- First, see the brand. Obviously, it will enhance the product value. Always keep in mind that a good brand such as Victorinox will provide you a good quality product that is long-lasting and friendly in use.
- The second thing is to put concern on your budget too. Though buying a knife will not take a vast expanse from you, you have to think well with your budget despite this.
- Observe the blade quality. And see if the edge of this blade is round or sharp. So select your preferred one.
- The knife’s length is also an important thing which you should decide before buying it. You can use a medium-sized boning knife rather than any big one.
- Look over the knife handle, is it made of suitable plastic or any other metal? So it is wise to buy a knife with a hard plastic handle, as other metals may harm hands.
- If possible, buy a knife box along with the knife. Also, ask the salesman about the guidelines, guarantee warranty, etc.
- Considering all these facts, buying from Amazon is the smartest choice.
Surprising Facts About Using Knife
In prehistoric times, knives were used for hunting animals and cutting various fruits. However, during the Bourbon Empire in France, knives were used at the people’s dining table.
The knives which were used for eating purposes at the dining table were very sharp.
In 1669, fourteen Lewis banned the use of those sharp knives on the dining table.
Instead, he ordered the use of a relatively sharp knife on the dining table. Since then, the tradition of using a knife at people’s dining tables has just spread to different countries of the world.
Although the use of stainless-steel knives is unknown when it began, but it can be ascertained that it began before the twentieth century.
Knives are usually used for cutting something. Handheld or non-handheld, the nozzle is sharpened to facilitate cutting.
Anyway, sculpted objects have been used since about 2.5 million years ago, as evidenced in the Olden tools.
In ancient times, blacksmiths were mainly made of stone, bone, shiny stones, and obsidian. But with the advancement of technology, many knife-making components have evolved.
Knives are also manufactured in present times. Basically, these are made of bronze, copper, iron, steel, ceramic, and titanium.
However, in many societies, knives have spiritual and religious significance as the first tool of humankind. But today, our focus will be on cutting knives for raw meat.
Types of Knives Tarzan Didn’t Know About
A different knife is now available in our kitchen, starting from cutting a small raw pepper to cutting various meats.
If you are a regular cutter of any items through a knife, then it is advantageous to know the details and classification of all knives to utilize special use of knives for any delegate use.
Bread Cutting Knife or ‘S’ Knife
A bread cutting knife is used for cutting different types of bread. These knives, specially made for cutting bread, are long and slender in appearance.
Again, it is also called ‘S’ Knife, which has a notch like the front. With this knife, you can easily slice bread of different sizes.
Chef Knife is a knife, which has three sizes. Large, medium, and small size. The specialty of this knife is that it can cut all kinds of food.
Besides cutting fish, meat, cold foods like vegetables and fruits can be cut with this knife.
Fish and meat are sliced with a large-size chef knife, and you can use a medium-sized chef knife to cut fruits or vegetables.
Chopper or Chopping Knife
Chickens, cows, sheep, etc., can be cut into bones with this knife. Chopper is specially made for chopping meat or big fish.
It looks like an oversized biscuit which helps to cut the meat perfectly.
Actually, A paring knife is designed with a short blade. And this short blade length is about two and a half or four inches long. They are the plainer version of the chef’s knife.
They are the sharpest knife having a very sharp edge. This type of knife is used to separate the meat from the bones.
All kinds of meat such as chicken, beef, lamb, or poultry can be separated from various bones by using this knife.
These knives are simple and slim in design and can’t be used for cutting the bones.
Well, if you want to make a fish fillet, you have to own a fillet knife as a fillet knife can separate the fish meat from its bones very precisely.
Vegetable Pillar Knife
This knife is called a Vegetable Pillar, which is remarkable for exfoliating vegetables. It can be easily peeled over vegetables.
Vegetable Carving Knife
The knife is a bit thin and small to look at. The knife is made exclusively for cutting vegetables and fruits in various fine designs.
All the knives may be sharpened with it. It is tall and very thin to look at. And it is pretty available to buy in any market.
Here’s a visual representation to make you better understand-
Difference Between Vegetable Knife and Meat Knife
You should have at least three basic knives in your kitchen. One of them is a meat knife, another is a universal knife (which can be used for cutting anything), and the remaining one is a vegetable knife.
So what is a vegetable knife, and what is a meat knife?
A vegetable knife is used for slicing, chopping, or peeling various fruits or vegetables.
You can prepare all the vegetables for cooking by cutting with a vegetable knife. It is sharper and very specific in design to cut any hard or soft vegetables.
And a meat knife is a meat cutter used to slice, chop, or debone the meat. There are various meat cutter knives available in the market.
For example, meat boning knife, meat slicing knife, etc.
So always try to use meat or vegetable knives only for their delicate purpose, and never try to cut the vegetables with a meat knife or cut the meat with a vegetable knife.
Using an opposing knife while cutting your cooking item will contaminate the food and destroy your work smoothness.
How to Use a Knife to Avoid Any Accident
Many times, the hand or finger may cut off due to small mistakes in using the knife. Many people are not comfortable with knives because of this danger.
So, do not use a knife for fear of cutting your hand; is it okay?
There are some peculiar tricks to handle your knives. Following these tricks will never cut your hand.
So, if you don’t want to cut your hand again, take a look at these tips:
- Hold the knife handle tightly. Use your separate fingers to support the upside or downside of the handle.
- If your knife is less than four feet, fold the tall finger slightly. If not, the fingers may be cut off.
- Now, quickly cut vegetables, fish, or meat without any fear. As soon as you cut carefully, your hand or finger will not cut anymore.
How to Clean Your Knife
The knife to use is often rusty, has no jerky feeling, or the edge of the knife is lost after a while. It is possible to solve this problem quickly.
Let’s learn how to take care of your meat knife.
- Separate the daily use meat cutter knife and special occasion meat cutter knife during the wash, clean with liquid soap and cloth.
- Do not rub with scrubbers. Then the knife’s glow is lost due to scratch.
- If the knife handles have a heavy design, they are more likely to sit on the dirt. So when cleaning the knife, rub the handle with a soft brush.
- After washing the steel knife, wipe with a cotton cloth. If the knife is well stored, it will not be easy to rust.
- The meat may often harden the knife by leftover the meat residue or fat in a knife. In that case, In a container, combine warm water and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Soak the knife in the pot for a while.
- Now wash it with a sponge soaking in clear water, leaving the frozen meat oil or fat completely.
- If any sodium or other metal stain is settled onto the knife, remove those stains from the knife with lemon juice or vinegar after washing.
If you can follow the upper instruction, your meat cutter boning knife will shine a lot.
How to Take Care of Your Knife
It is essential to use it properly to keep the kitchen knife good.
- When cutting with a knife, use a wooden cutting board. This will maintain the sharpness of your blade.
- Do not cut meat with a vegetable or fruit cutter knife, and do not leave the knife untouched for long.
- While washing the knife, rub it with a soft sponge without using a scrubber. Be careful when washing the sharp side of the knife.
- In addition, the meat knife can sometimes contain a portion of meat oil or fat. So after using it, rinse the knife with warm water.
- Carefully wipe the notches or fine design of the knife handle.
- Do not store knives when wet. It can catch rust.
- Place the sharp side of the knife in the cutlery basket. Otherwise, the hand can be cut off to get a knife in a hurry.
- It’s best not to put the meat knife in lemon water for too long. Because too long contact of lemon acid with the knife’s metal just damages the knife at all, it also destroys the knife’s brightness.
- Wash the knife in distilled water and with milled liquid dish soap after each use. You can also clean the knife with white toothpaste.
How to Enhance The Performance of A Knife to Cut The Meat
If you keep your knife in contact with sunlight, water, or humid air, it may lose its functioning power.
So, after using your desired knife, just keep it in the knife box or cutlery box wrapping with a piece of aluminum foil to get the best performance.
And while starting deboning any meat from its bones, hold the knife tightly with your left hand and separate the meat from the bone with your right hand. (if you are a left-hander, then do the reverse hand action).
If you face a problem separating the meat, just hold the knife handle with a heavy cloth.
And applying some dry turmeric powder or flour into your hand will indirectly enhance the knife’s functioning as well.
During operation, wipe the knife’s blade and handle with kitchen tissue with a short interval.
As a result, extra oily or stickiness of the knife will just reduce. Finally, the knife’s performance will increase as well.
Hold the boning knife in a right direction, and at a right angle to the cutting portion. Proper setting of the knife also enhances the performance of any knife.
Separate the meat slowly and carefully. Never try to hurry while running any deboning process.
Unnecessary hurry will allow adhering a small portion of meat with the bone.
Actually a knife is not a machine; it’s just a utensil. Therefore, any knife’s functioning and performance will not just depend on up to the knife, rather it depends on up to your capability.
Some Extra Tips
- Find out if the knife in your house is shiny or not. Try to sharpen the knife to make it more worthy. However, it will be beneficial to enhance your deboning qualities.
- The knife should be cleaned with coconut oil or other oils every 2 to 6 months so as not to rust the knife.
- Different types of knives are mandatory to cut the meat. Sharpen the knife of all kinds, small, large, medium, and place it in the corner of the room.
- But of course, keep the knife by wrapping it with cloth or aluminum foil paper. Even in wet weather, it will not rust.
- And it must be noted that the knife should keep far out of reach of children.
- After using the knife, the residue on it destroys the sharpness of the knife. So, whenever you use it, wash it thoroughly with soap and hot water.
- The knife can not be kept wet for long after use. It has the potential to catch rust. So, wash immediately without soaking.
- If the rust is on the knife, it destroys the oxidation process of the knife. Because of this, the color of knives often changes. So, don’t forget to clean properly after every use.
- After cleaning the knife, you should keep it in a dry and cold, and clean place.
- Cleaning the knife with a mixture of lemon juice ( a little bit) in hot water becomes quite shiny.
- When cutting vegetables or meat, it is best to have a wooden board. This will not ruin the edge of your knife.
- With good care, a sharp knife can be used for a long time.
Learn All The Great Techniques for Cutting Raw Meat
Some dishes have to be specially cut for cooking. There are several strategies for these cuts. They also have different names.
No special equipment is required to accomplish the process. Still, you can cut just with a Victorinox knife that you’ve already known about.
So, let’s see some of the great techniques for cutting meat.
- Small Dice
First, cut a large piece of meat with a knife and make a long and square piece. It will need to be chopped and divided into several parts.
The thickness of these parts will be six millimeters. This time, you will get your desired small dice from these long meat sections by cutting them into six millimeters.
Cut one piece of big meat in half. Take one half and cut it from the inside out along the middle. Keeping the two parts together, cut them into small pieces.
Similarly, the remaining half should be deducted. This is how the meat can be minced.
Cut one piece of meat first in half, then divide it into three portions of equal thickness. Thus, the remaining half should be cut in the same way.
- Julian Cuts
First, you have to cut a piece of meat long enough. The thickness of these slices will be approximately three millimeters.
Now cut the sides of one portion angularly and divide the whole slice into long chunks.
Each section’s length will be three to five centimeters, and the width will be three millimeters.
Thus, each portion was cut, and it became Julian’s cut. The word ‘Julian’ in French means ‘cut and cut’.
- Slice Beef
First, separate the beef from the bone. Now the beef has to be thinly sliced. The length of each piece will be three to five centimeters.
Anyway, you can slice any type of meat with this shape as well.
First, remove the bone of the meat and cut it to a length of three millimeters wide and three millimeters thick.
Then, from the taller sections, again cut short pieces of three millimeters in length as soon as the brunize was cut.
The bones of the meat have to be removed. Now a piece of meat has to be cut into pieces about an inch wide. Now, each piece needs to be cut one inch long.
The flesh should be cut from the bone and cut into six centimeters. Now cut a piece of meat layer around it, make a square shape.
A few slices need to be cut again from this square section. Then thin them out again. The thickness of the pieces will be one centimeter.
What Is The Deboning Process and How It Happens
It is the process of separating the meat from the bone, bone joint, or cartilage. Deboning process is accomplished with the help of a boning knife.
The boning knife has a celibate sharp edge so that you can easily separate the meat from the bone.
And the separated bone will not contain any meat residue if you can perfectly perform the deboning process.
Deboning of meat is necessary to make a steak, a barbecue, or a fillet too. Any type of meat such as poultry, turkey, chicken, beef, pork, fish can be subjected to the deboning process.
It’s just your matter of choice, which portion of your cooking meat you want to separate from the bone. So just use a boning knife and do it.
How Can You Separate Meat From Bone
Well, you will definitely need a boning knife to separate the meat from the bone. For cutting vegetables, you may have the option to use various knives, but for separating meat and bone, the only boning knife is the best option.
Actually, deboning meat is very much mandatory for preparing several boneless dishes.
That’s why you should know the deboning process very clearly to enjoy the different tastes of various boneless recipes.
Well, you can buy any premium boneless meat from the butcher shop. But it will force you to expanse huge money.
Besides this, you may not be able to buy any fresh boneless meat or meat of choice from the butcher.
That’s why we suggest you to debone various meat into your home with the help of a boning knife, and this is the one you can count on.
Just take the meat piece, which you want to separate from the bone. Keep the meat piece onto a cutting board.
Then hold the boning knife tightly and separate the meat from the bone using the knife’s sharp edge.
It is better to hold the meat piece using a hook onto the board and boning it with the knife.
You can separate the meat from any bone joint or any cartilage using the knife’s sharp curved edge. Need a little bit more help?
Don’t worry…! William McCann is ready to show you exactly what you’re waiting for-
Causes of Accident With Knife
- While working, pull the knife in the opposite direction or pull it towards yourself.
- Using a sharpless or less sharp knife for working.
- Trying to cut any meat against your knife’s strength.
- Carelessness while storing the knife in a secure place or in a secure way.
- Trying to catch a knife while moving the knife from a higher place.
- Being irresponsible while working with a knife, especially when working with knives, be more mindful of mobile, TV, etc.
- Trying to cut all kinds of meats and vegetables with the same knife.
- Trying to cut something with your body’s strength rather than the suitability or skill of your knife.
- In case of sinking into the water, keeping in a drawer, or keeping into a bag with other items, leaving the knife to go out quickly while working may cause an accident.
- Perform any unnecessary test with the knife.
Precaution and Prevention When Cutting With A Knife
When cutting meat or deboning meat, many hands are cut off. What precautions should be taken? And if it is cut off, what should be done right away?
Compared to other meat cuts, fatty meat is more likely to cut your hands during slaughter because there is much fat in cows or lean meats.
And the inability to cut meat is one of the reasons for cutting hands. For this reason, it is best to have antibacterial Dettol or Savlon available in advance.
And using a knife with rapping by a soft cloth in hand as a resistance, it is possible to avoid slipping of the hand while using the knife.
Unfortunately, if the hand is cut, then antiseptic ointment should be applied. Another important thing is to try using a sharp knife.
Because when the sharpness is low, the hand can be slipped and cut off.
Again, when leaving the skin of a cow or goat or cutting meat, your hands may be cut off.
The most common problem when cutting these meats is that because of the fat in the animal’s meat, your hands become slippery, so even if careful, your hands or any limbs may be cut off.
However, with a little caution or little tactics, the hand and foot can be protected from the fork.
When the hand becomes very slippery, rubbing a little turmeric powder in hand reduces the lubricity. It reduces the chances of being cut backward.
This is a precaution, but if you are not careful, there are more times when accidents can happen. Many times, the bleeding does not want to stop.
In this case, soaking the gauze with any antiseptic solutions will keep the wound in peace until the bleeding stops.
When the bleeding stopped, prescribed povidone-iodine balm should be applied to the wound and tightly tied. But, the best option is to follow a doctor.
Antibiotics can be consumed if the cut amount is too high, but obviously with the doctor’s advice.
Flucloxacillin or Cephradine works well. If possible, eat lemon juice (Vitamin C). Vitamin C helps prevent blood clotting.
Be careful not to apply water to the wound. If there is water in the wound, there is a possibility of infection.
Don’t Do That With A Knife
- Never test the sharpness of your knife with your finger.
- Never put your knife at any edge or corner of any high- position (such as the corner of any high table, sink, rack, etc.).
- Never keep your knife into any sink, bucket when they are full of water.
- Never try to catch a knife when it comes out from any high position. In this situation, just remove your foot and take care of others if anyone is present here.
- Do not take or give the knife directly to the hands of others. Swap the knife on the ground or on the table if required.
- When cutting meats, do not look anywhere else, especially on mobile phones or on TV.
- Never put a knife or other sharp things into any drawer or into a bag.
- Use a peeler, not a knife, pile any vegetables or fruits, etc., and never use a low grades knife. Remember that a good quality knife will give you a good service.
- All types of knives just keep out of the reach of children.
- Never use any knife if it does not have any hard and user-friendly handle.
- If something like oil or fat is adhering with the knife’s handle, never use the knife without cleaning it properly.
- Never pull a knife or touch it without needing to.
- Finally, don’t ever try to touch a knife when you are excited.
What to Do to Ensure The Best Use of A Knife
- Use a knife suitable for a specific purpose. Keep in mind that not all knives are for all purposes.
- Place a heavy cloth under the meat cutting board so that it does not move while cutting the meat.
- When working with a knife, if you need to do other work, first place the knife in a secured place then become engaged with other tasks.
- When moving from one place to another, keep the knife away from your body and keep the knife’s sharp side slightly bent.
- After finishing your work with a knife, clean it and store it in a knife holder or knife box.
- Clearly know all the rules to handle a knife or handle any sharp things.
- When cutting the meat, first cut it into equal two pieces. Then cut each piece into your desired size.
- Hold the knife very tightly. Gently holding the knife is likely to have an accident.
- Always use a sharp knife. Using a less sharpened knife increases the chance to make an accident.
- Always cut your meat onto a cutting board, cutting meat onto a plate or onto a sink just increases the chance of an accident.
- If you are more prone to have an accident while using any knife just try to use any protective clothes or hand gloves to protect your hands and fingers from any accident.
- Clean the knife separately from other kitchen utensils to avoid any accident.
- If possible, try to avoid using a straight-edged knife. Rather than use any round edge, it reduces your hand or finger’s accident risk.
Do You Really Need A Knife Sharpening Machine
No matter how good a knife is right now, after a while, it’ll lose its sharpness. Fools always solve this situation by throwing away the knife and then buying another one.
This is not the right process to fix this issue. Again, we do various exercises to ensure that the sharpness of the knife does not diminish.
We do not apply water easily, so do not wash with dish wash.
So there are many methods of sharpening knives, but they are not as convenient. We do not know which way sharpening knives will be best to use.
It is not known how much sharpening will be beneficial to cut. If you try to sharpen manually, the fingers or hands can be cut off again.
So, a knife sharpening machine is needed in your kitchen to eliminate these problems. Many great chefs use a knife sharpener to sharpen their knives.
The most significant advantage is that it’s very easy to use. If you just place your knife in the X Shape bar, the machine will sharpen your knife perfectly.
You Can Also Sharpen The Knife by Yourself
You need a knife to prepare the meat. But you completely forgot to sharpen the knife. And you don’t have a knife sharpener machine at your home.
So, all the energy in your body to cut the meat has been exhausted.
Are you thinking what are the ways now? Of course, there are easy ways. It is possible to sharpen a knife at home very quickly.
But the work has to be a little dangerous. Otherwise, the hand may be cut off and bleed.
Anyway, if you’re not careless about your safety, then these are options to sharpen your knife without using any machine-
It is very easy to sharpen a knife when there is a hard stone in your kitchen. Be careful to rub the stones with a knife.
If the stone is hot with rubbing and the flames of fire appear, you will find that your knife has been sharpened.
If there is no stone, you can rub it on the back of your manual spice grinder. This way, your meat-cutter knife will be sharpened a lot.
Anyway, you can use a whetstone or diamond stone to sharpen your knife as well.
- Steel Piece
If there is a piece of steel in the room, you will have no problem sharpening your knife. Put the steel piece in the oven and heat it for a while.
Now let the knife rub on this hot steel piece. The knife will be sharpened very soon after rubbing. But, of course, use kitchen gloves to avoid any risk.
It is possible to sharpen a knife with an iron rod. If there is no iron rod, the barbecued iron rod will work. Rub your knife on an iron rod from top to bottom. In a short time, your meat knife will become quite sharp.
- Serving Steel Knife
The sharpening process of a knife with another knife is very much interesting and enjoyable too. You can sharpen your boning knife using any serving steel knife very easily.
- Ceramic Plates
And fortunately, if you’ve nothing from the above list, then you can sharpen your knife using any of your dining plates if it’s made of ceramic.
I often follow this trick to sharpen my knife as it makes me feel engineered without having any degree on it.
Frequently Asked Question
- Are the boning knife and fillet knife the same?
Well, they are pretty different from each other by their function. The boning knife is used to deboning meat or beef or big fish from the bone.
But fillet knives are used to removing bones and skins from the meat, especially from any fish.
Sometimes a boning knife can be used for filleting purposes too. But it is better to use both the knives separately for their delegate purposes.
- What can I obtain by using a boning knife?
The boning knife is looking slim, stylish, and handsome. But they used to depart the meat from the bones.
They cannot cut the bones apart. A boning knife can be used for deboning meat, slice through any joints, and curtilage, but can not be used to chop the bone.
- What is stropping? What is it used for?
Stropping is a process used to polish the edge of the sharp edge of a knife. This process is accomplished with the help of a leather strap applied to a hard surface.
Stropping is mandatory to remove or erase the last imperfections of any cut.
- Can you please tell me how to select the right angle to sharpen the knife?
Fine, yes, I can tell you about all the angles on which we recommend sharpening the knives.
For chef’s knives, kitchen knives, Smaller knives, boning knives, or carving knives, we recommend a sharpening process at 17-25 degrees angle.
But for Fillet knives, sushi knives, and most Japanese cutlery, we recommend it to 12-17 degrees angle.
Again, for straight razors or razor blades x-acto knives, our recommended angle for the sharpening process is 7 to 12 degrees.
- A popular way to sharpen the knife.
Using whetstone or a diamond stone to sharpen the boning knife is very popular in every kitchen. I am describing the procedure in short-
- Select the proper angle on which you will sharpen the knife. Just follow the recommended right angle chart to sharpen a knife.
- Lubricate your whetstone or diamond stone with a few drops of cooking or vegetable oil.
- Place the knife properly on your stone.
- Start your process from the rough grit side of the stone.
- For a smooth edge, sharpen the knife by pulling or by dragging it across the stone in an opposed direction just you would move it.
- Continue the process until your grind goes roughly halfway.
- If half done, sharpen the remaining half portion of your knife through the steel until you can able to create a new sharp edge on your knife.
- Flip the stone over and begin sharpening.
- Again, flip the knife over and again begin sharpening.
- Begin an alternative swipe to complete the sharpening process.
- You can further polish or even stop the edge of your knife if you wish.
Cooking means cutting various vegetables or cutting meats. In this way, the use of a knife is mandatory in every kitchen.
Actually, you may have the option to use some kind of cutter machine in your home, but basically, there is no substitute for a knife to get rid of many hassles.
Many of us work outside all day long. After a lot of work in our office, in our court, even in our business establishments, when we reached back home it didn’t seem easy to cook then.
That’s why we make the easiest cooking procedure. We are using many technical kitchen appliances in our kitchen.
So, like other kitchen utensils, we need the best knife for cutting raw meat, which separates the bone and meat from each other and helps us accomplish the cutting process in a simple and short time.