Isn’t it disgusting to eat cold hot dogs for breakfast? No worries! I’m showing you how to keep hot dogs warm after grilling. Moreover, I’m placing the ways how we tried to keep the hot dogs warm for a particular timespan.
When we arrange a get-together party on our rooftop or go for a tailgate outing, generally we try to have some snacks with us. So, we make a plan for the trip as well as the light snacks. Every time we try to bring some light but special Tiffin considering our guest’s choice.
However, last time we decided to make hot dogs for our party. So we got some cooked and grilled hotdogs on particular days with us. We practiced some methods to keep them hot on different journeys.
Every product is independently reviewed and selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
So, check out the article to get a vast idea about how long you can keep the cooked hot dogs warm by applying different methods.
4 Ways on How To Keep Hot Dogs Warm After Grilling
You know, hot dogs are made from steamed or grilled sausage that we serve in the slit of a sliced bun. So, you can assume the significance of eating while it is hot.
You can not get the sausage’s actual taste if you eat it after becoming cool. However, to reach the perfect flavor, you need to protect its temperature.
In addition, the methods we applied in our different parties to keep sausage warm were as follows. Since we were very much conscious about how to keep hot dogs warm, we tried to find out the best way to retain temperature for the longest time. However, let’s discuss the alternatives.
How to Keep Grilled Hot Dogs Warm In a Crockpot
It is not pleasant when your guests are waiting for you, and you are busy in the kitchen and cooking food for them. So, before each party, our family members make sure that the cooking is complete. Then, we just put the items on the final process and accompany them.
Once, we had a get-together party on our rooftop and made a huge arrangement. For dinner, we prepared some grilled items as well as hotdogs. So we grilled the hotdog very well and enjoyed a great time.
Then decided to keep them in a Crockpot to remain tempered. Because if they became chilly, it wouldn’t be worth eating, and the actual taste would not come.
Rather, I knew that I could keep the hotdogs warm by using the Crockpot but hadn’t any clear idea. So, I made a hypothesis and worked for it. The process I ran was as follows.
- First and foremost, I grilled all the hotdogs appropriately and then placed them on a plate while it was hot.
- Since I decided to keep them on a Crockpot, I made a trick on the Crockpot.
- I preheated the slow cooker for a couple of minutes.
- Then, I thought, it would make a means to keep my hotdogs warm.
- Then, I selected a tall pressure cooker to place my hotdogs straight.
- Although I could put the hotdogs lying on the Crockpot, I thought it might need more space.
- So, I placed all the hotdogs on the Crockpot. I made sure to put all the hotdogs gently.
- So I looked after the peak of the hotdogs so that their heads couldn’t cross the top of the pressure cooker.
- Then I covered the lid of the Crockpot.
That’s what I did to keep the hotdogs warm. But, there was an alternative method to using a slow cooker.
I could soak the hotdogs in soft, warm water into the slow cooker, but I didn’t do that because there was a chance to spoil the taste of grilled hotdogs. If I cooked the hotdogs, I could apply the trick without risk of changing taste.
By the way, I should pay attention to the main topic. Firstly, when our guests arrived at our party, we welcomed them warmly. We spent some quality time with the guests. Then at dinner time, about 3 hours later, we served hotdogs to the guests.
It was perfectly warm and juicy. We served the hotdogs with sliced buns and some condiments. Overall, it was a great experience.
So, we can conclude that using a Crockpot can keep hotdogs warm for at least 3 hours. It could be more than the timespan.
How to Keep Grilled Hot Dogs Warm In a Roaster
One day, I had to steam hotdogs in my roaster at our office since we had arranged a party. But, one of my dearest colleagues asked me to grill the hotdogs. Literally, he loved to eat grilled hotdogs. So I couldn’t tell about my choice, and I appreciated him.
To make my colleague happy, I grilled our hotdogs. But the matter was how we could keep the hotdog warm till our lunchtime. So, I decided to use my Roaster oven to keep the hotdogs warm, as it was almost ready to steam. And I picked the opportunity to save my time.
I did the following process after grilling.
- When I stopped grilling the hotdogs, I checked if they were fully cooked or not.
- After making sure the grilled hot dogs were completely okay, I placed them in a separate area.
- Then I got my roaster ready to use further. It means preheating.
- First, I poured 2 cups of water into the roaster by measuring the water with a measuring cup to preheat it.
- Then I plugged in the appliance to get an electricity connection.
- And set 350°f. Temperature. I let the water become hot for 20 minutes.
- After that time, I brought the roaster’s inner rack to my table.
- Then, I placed all my hotdogs serially and made sure the water level did not touch the hotdogs.
- At this point, I inserted the rack with the hotdogs inside the Roaster oven.
- Then, I shut down the lid of the roaster and switched off the electric connection so that the vapors could work.
- I wanted to keep the hotdogs’ temperature by the roaster’s vaporization of hot inside the water.
Thus, the whole process was very satisfying. Oh! I forgot to mention; I was making my roaster ready to preheat while I was grilling my hotdogs.
In a short sense, if I did the preheating process of the roaster after the grilling part, the hotdogs might become cold. The whole process would go in vain.
However, We didn’t need to wait for a long time to have the tasty hotdogs, after 2.5 hours we served lunch. We found the hotdogs were almost hot. After all, our diligence worked very nicely. So we were pretty happy.
How to Keep Hot Dogs Warm In a Chafing Dish
We had used Chafing Dish as a part of our experiment of keeping hotdogs warm. However, we just used a chafing dish to make fun with our colleagues. We didn’t notice the timing of keeping hotdogs warm. But it wasn’t a long time to experiment.
Moreover, the way we approached to experimented was like:
- We cooked our hot dogs as a normal process.
- After cooking, when the hotdogs were up to 200°f. Temperature, we tried to wrap them with a vacuum.
- We mainly wanted to keep the temperature with this vacuum paper.
- However, After wrapping the hotdogs, we placed them into the chafing dish.
- Literally, we didn’t take any steps to keep the temperature inside the chafing dish.
- Then, after the placement of the hotdogs, we covered the chafing dish with its lid.
- I need to mention that we did not use any stove under the chafing dish.
Moreover, we ate our meal mainly after 2 hours. Yet, we found our hot dogs were quite hot, not much chilled.
So the outcome was super satisfying. The deed was too easy to proceed. If you do not need much time to spend, you can use your chafing dish without any hassle.
How to Keep Hot Dogs Warm In a Thermos
Using a thermos to keep hotdogs warm was very useful to me. I used the thermos very often to keep my snacks warm when I was a student.
So, I used it for keeping hotdogs as well. By the way, I loved to eat hotdogs in any place, either in the school or in the playground.
So, I had some experiments using the thermos to keep any snacks warm. How I used the thermos for keeping my hot dogs warm was:
- At first, I cooked my hotdogs very well. And at the same time, I boiled some water on the stove.
- Then I washed my thermos thoroughly.
- When my boiling water became properly hot, I poured the water into the thermos.
- I shook the thermos slightly, then poured out the hot water.
- At this point, I set the hotdogs into the thermos.
- Sometimes I placed the hotdogs upright and sometimes lay. That was not a big deal.
- Then I covered the lid of the thermos with a vacuum and then shut off the top.
- I used to do that frequently. And I could get the hotdog warm for one to two hours.
Basically, these were the four ways I experienced keeping warm after cooking or grilling hotdogs. I placed all the pros and cons related to the tricks.
But, still, some questions might come to your mind. Though I’m not a mind reader, I can guess your expectations. Let’s reveal the questions and their answers
How to Keep Grilled Hot Dogs Warm for a Crowd
When you are thinking of serving hotdogs for a crowd, I will recommend you to serve the dishes just after cooking or grilling. If you ask me what to do, then I can share my previous experience.
On a busy evening, we had a party, which included all our staff and their family. Now you can assume how big the party was. Around 60 people were there. So we wanted to arrange a light snack, and we found no other prestigious and tasty snack except hotdogs.
However, we grilled around five dozen hotdogs at once. Then we had a crisis to keep them warm after finishing the grilling process. An idea had come to my mind and applied the trick of ‘how to keep cooked hotdogs warm in Crockpot.’
Moreover, as I had an assumption how many hotdogs could carry a big size Crockpot, I started to do the processing politely.
I just bought all the grilled hotdogs on a plate and preheated the Crockpot for ten to fifteen minutes. Then I put all the hotdogs upright, and all the five dozen hotdogs were placed aligned.
So, using this technique, we could manage the big arrangement. Finally, we just put the hotdog once on a plate at our dinner and served it with buns and sauces. So, you can follow this trick to handle a crowd with warm sausages.
How to Keep Hot Dogs Warm for a Party
In general, keeping hotdogs warm for a party is not a pretty challenging task. It is mostly like other methods I have mentioned above. Just the difference is, in previous ways, I described how to keep hotdogs warm individually, and now I’m going to explain how to keep hotdogs warm with a bun. So, let’s see.
First, I cook the hotdogs well and prepare a bun for them. Then, I place the hot dog on the middle of the bun thoroughly. Then, holding the bun with the hotdog, I wrap it up with foil paper. I do not like to add any sauce at this point because it seems to me as if the sauce or any condiments can make the bun soggy.
So, when I wrap it up completely, gather all the buns in and keep them in a cool place. Then, when we eat them, they can be in our picnic spot or any other place sitting in the car. Then, we just open the foil and pour some sauces on it. Then we enjoy our tasty hotdogs.
Moreover, I prefer to pour some condiments on an individual plate when serving them to the guests. It’s my own choice, not a big deal to everybody.
How to Keep Hot Dogs Warm for School Lunch
Hotdog is an excellent choice to attract your kid toward the Tiffin box at lunchtime in school. Whenever I provide sausages for my kid, I make sure the hot dog will remain warm till lunchtime.
First, I cooked the hot dogs well and prepared a bun for them. Then, I placed the hot dogs in the middle of the thermos, as I used the thermos as a Tiffin box for my kids. Sometimes I use a vacuum to wrap the hotdogs so that they remain warmed.
If my thermos is long, I place the hotdogs straight aligned with the walls. On the other hand, when my thermos is a shorter one, I set the hotdogs in a round shape at the bottom of the pot.
Then, the hotdogs remain warm for 1 to 2 hours randomly. As a consequence, my child enjoys their Tiffin and gets rid of bacteria. I’m talking about bacteria because if the cooked meat or hotdogs becomes cool after cooking, there is a high chance of getting attacked by bacteria.
And that is how the toothsome hot dog remains tasty and warm in the lunch box till the tiffin period. Consequently, my child enjoyed a toothsome lunch.
The Bottom Lines
To wrap up the whole story, hotdogs are the most favorite food among fast-food lovers. However, it is not suitable for health if anyone eats it regularly. But, still, there is not any chance of getting sick from frequent eating.
Because of being a meat item, you cannot eat it after a long time of cooking or grilling, so you must know how to keep hot dogs warm after grilling. I think you are capable enough to keep the hotdogs warm for a specific time.
Since I mentioned the ways as detailed as possible, I hope you can easily pick your comfortable method. Be happy and enjoy your parties with good quality foods.